Jason is a man among men.
What type of man you ask?
How dare you... :)
He considers himself to be the group's laughin' man.
It's because he's so damn funny! (...looking)
Standing a good 6 feet tall (just under, actually), this outdoor guy (trapped in the body of a couch potato) wants to immerse himself in the glories that would be life and experience everything.
(And right now, the rest of the Archons are reading this and laughing their butts off.)
He doesn't give a damn about "style" or the current trends.
He's his own man and dresses the way he wants.
Not the way everyone else wants him to.
If he wants to roll up his jacket sleeves "Miami Vice" style and parade around like that, well he does.
If he wants to wear shorts and show off his hairy legs, he does that too.
(It's not particularily safe to the public, but he does it anyways.)
Jason likes to be creative.
He expresses himself in doodling, feeble attempts at writing, even singing...when there's no one around. :)
His latest project happens to be a computer-based rpg, and is tackling this with Rob and Arvind.
If it seems like you've seen this bat before, you have.
But that one was all black and funny-looking.
In '99, the Showcase channel was promoting a line-up of movies for the week just before halloween.
It featured a bat dancing to a cute little tune, which was interspersed with scenes from the featured movies.
Jason fell in love with the commercial and did his best at re-creating the bat.
Unfortunately he couldn't replicate or find the music to go with it.
This belly full o' jelly has been a roleplayer since he was 11 years old, when his brother immersed him into the world of Gary Gygax' Dungeons & Dragons.
It didn't take long for Jason to find other players at school.
During the occasional recess in Grade 6, he and a couple other classmates would get together and destroy the minions of dungeons (not darkness like most would think).
It was easier to find suck...er...players at the next school, where there was even a role-playing club.
After a two-year lull, in Grade 11 he discovered a group of players who would be a great influence on his roleplaying experience.
Unfortunately they're still around. :)
I'm kidding guys!
Jason has played quite a number of roleplaying games (listed below), of course some of them he's not very proud of.
He owns a copy of Interstellar Elite Combat.
If you haven't heard of this game before, thank yourself for that.
For this game, you'll need (aside from pencil, paper and some dice) a mammoth eraser, a calculator, a physics manual (comes with one (1) university professor), a synthesized brain of Einstein, plus a degree or diploma in each of the following: Chemistry, Biology, Metallurgy,
Astronomy, and Economics.
One additional suggestion is to write up or find a thesis on "the Implications of BioMetallurgical processes and Economical Fluctuations when dealing with an Alchemical Solution to affect the Chaos Theorem", or perhaps on
"Biochemical Reactions When Dice Roll Low".
- Roleplaying Experience
- Basic and Expert D&D, Advanced D&D (original and 2nd edition), SpellJammer, DarkSun, and Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition
- Top Secret/S.I.
- Interstellar Elite Combat
- Call of Cthulhu (2nd edition)
- Star Frontiers
- Shadowrun (1st, 2nd and 3rd editions)
- Star Wars (2nd and 3rd editions)
- Palladium, Rifts, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ninjas and Superspies, Heroes, Robotech
- Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Mage: The Ascension, Mummy (studied 1st and 2nd printings, but never played)
- Aberrant, and Aeon Trinity.
- Silent Death
- Aliens: Alien League (White-Wolf hybrid)
- Birth Stats
- Pet Peeves
- power outages
- lack of submittance (any meaning of the word)
- people reading this and just thinking to themselves "blah blah blah"
- bum-for-hire ... temp-agency lacky ... private programming
- Current Residence
- Ottawa, ON
- Favourite TV Shows
- Enterprise, The Invisible Man, The Pretender (cancelled, the bums!), Titus, Futurama, M*A*S*H
- Favourite Movies
Aliens, The Crow, The Road to El-Dorado, Tremors (but not part II), and From Dusk 'Til Dawn
Special mention: Crow: City of Angels (I still liked it damnit!...just it's not my all-time favourite)
- Favourite Quote
- "...and put [it] into a lava-filled...(pause)...volcano... Yes. A lava-filled volcano. As opposed to a bunny-filled volcano."
- Favourite Colour
- Favourite Musician(s) or Band(s)
- The Tea Party, Moist, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi and Honeymoon Suite (to name a few).